Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've Got This Constant Headache

Eh. Not much going on. I'm thankful for that. I told a man I was gay today on the bus. I must not look that pregnant because he believed me. He was drunk or something and kept telling me how sexy I was. Which is flattering, but I had on my "Have a gay day" t-shirt and my purse that's covered in rainbows. I hate it when men try to talk to me when I'm obviously trying to pretend I'm gay. Lol.

So I talked to both of my grandmothers yesterday. That was good. I tried to tell my dad's mom the day I found out but she's been in Atlantic city with her boyfriend. That freaks me the fuck out. They're old. And probably doing it. I asked her once if they kiss and she started giggling and blushing. Blech. At any rate, she's happy for me. She had much counsel but she's always been the type of woman who relishes mistakes because you learn from them. She said it was gonna happen sooner or later, its obvious that Eric and I want to be together, and that she has complete faith in mine and Eric's(that was bad grammar) ability to raise our child. I hadn't known that when she had my father she was still in her parents house. She gives off this aura of a woman who has always and will always have her shit together. I'm proud to be her grandaughter and happy that at least, if nothing else, I was able to have my child before she inevitably passes. I look forward to knowing my child will be a better person learning from her.

Now I feel bad because I don't have such great stuff to say about my mother's mom. It's funny. You'd think that it'd be the other way around....my dads mom being my mom's mom and vice versa. Oh well. She congratulated me which was...very unexpected. She's a very traditional type of woman and I thought she'd be crying for me. I know she's really disappointed but as long as she doesn't act all weird around me I'll be fine. I still love her and shit. She just wanted to know how much weight I've gained and all those boring little details. She didn't once ask me how I felt about it. I wish I could talk to her about it. I'd love to have that connection with my grandmother.

One day at a time i guess. Baby keeps kicking the shit out of me. That sucks.

1 comment: