Thursday, May 7, 2009

Godzilla

My child is currently 4 whole pounds. He is so fat. Eric and I looked it up on babycenter.com today, and it said that the average weight of a baby at 31 weeks is 3.3 pounds. Oh lord. I'm literally going to be pushing a monster out. That was NOT encouraging.

I found that out yesterday at my ultrasound. Which was the best one to date. I got to see him yawn!! That probably sounds really lame but you wouldn't understand if you've never been pregnant or got a girl knocked up. I was laying there trying to tell exactly which part of his face was which and then BAM!...it was all clear to me. I could see his eyes and his nose and his cute lips... He's got the biggest baby lips ever. The nurse said they were the biggest she'd seen on his baby. He was asleep but the pressure she was applying on my belly woke him up. That's when he yawned. And, of course, I cried. I really couldn't help it. It was the most spectacular thing I'd ever seen. Then he moved his arm up over his face....that was amazing because I could feel it as I saw it. I wonder how women got along with thier pregnancies before the modern marvels of medicine came about. I feel so....enlightened? Overjoyed? Incredibly enthusiastically wonderously happy? I saw my child. I saw his face.

I saw his face.

We went to Target to create a baby registry today. That was fun. We went up all of the baby aisles and just kept scanning everything. We left out with 143 items on our list and got back to my house and added 2 more. Of course we don't expect to get everything on the list. Its more like a guide....something to help you know what to purchase. It sure would be nice to get that stuff though. It'd take a lot of worry off my mind. I still don't have a crib. The one I want...at the price I want...isn't available for purchase online and isn't at any IKEA store near me. I'd have to fucking travel down to Virginia just to get it. Which at this point is looking like a good option.

I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday. And it wasn't with my normal doctor. This guy....he was not a refreshing change at all. He was scary and I think a bit rude but not because he's a rude guy. He actually struck me as a wonderful nice old grandpa kind of dude, but he had a visiting doctor with him. Some Arab dude from some Arab hospital group checking the hospital out. And I'm not being rude or ignorant...I think. He was of Arabian descent!! At any rate my replacement doctor was trying real hard to impress this dude which wasn't a good idea because I wasn't comfortable with two men I'd never seen before poking and prodding at my stomach. Like....choose your battles asshole. At any rate, he told me to wait at least 3 years before I have another baby and I asked him why. And he told me....that I should wait...because women who don't wait at least that long die earlier. The fucking die. That was the worst thing he could have told me sitting up on that damn table. I know my eyes damn near bugged out of my head. A bad visit to be sure. Otherwise, they're still concerned about my blood pressure. I am too....I want to cut salt out of my diet but it's really hard. I never even realized how much salt I actually use because I've refused to add it to my foods since my dad's kidneys failed like 7-8 years ago. But I still use it when I cook. And a lot of the foods I eat are salty by themselves.(I think I just used bad grammar.) We'll see.

I don't think I'm funny. Like I know I can crack a joke every now and then, but I'm not really a funny person. Random.....but very, very true. Also...my sex life is amazing. I just thought I'd put that out there. Not to be funny. Eric and I are literally on the phone right now talking about our awesome sex and I just thought the world should know it. I HAVE AWESOME PREGNANT SEX!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment